BOYS BOYS BOYS
Lately, I’ve been going out more and meeting new people. I’m really not the type of girl to talk to a lot of guys, since I’ve always had really good girl friends, but hey! Learning new shit ain’t all bad. So, I’ve compiled a list of things that I have recently learnt about guys and text messages in my early 20s.
- It will boggle your mind why he won’t reply to messages, when every time your with him he has his phone near by
- There should be business hours for texting, if he messages you past 12am then he only wants you to drop that ass… or to pick his drunk ass up from somewhere.
- Guys will invite you out somewhere, then bail. Just shrug it off.
- They communicate differently, so if you send a romantic and cute message - they won’t necessarily find it important enough to reply.
- Depending on the type of guys you attract, guys are usually just as scared as you are. Lots of guys need confirmation before they make a move. They usually think “oh, fuck I bailed on her - she probably doesn’t want to see me again” and then not even try!
- If you like a guy, you just need to tell them. Or else they will never know, and you’ll be that girl calling him an asshole when he has someone else tell him how much they like him
Argh, was flicking through my archives and found a piece I wrote near Christmas - it still remains true to this day.
Everyone keeps asking me what I want for Christmas, and I honestly can’t give an answer. But, if I had to narrow it down to something…
A couple of years ago I knew a girl, who absolutely loved this one guy. Now, they dated and they were young, things didn’t work out. They saw other people in the time being, and they both individually grew into different and stronger people. They unfortunately didn’t keep in touch regularly when they were apart, but as fate would have it’s way, they reached out to each other and caught up with the “new” versions of themselves. They grew feelings for each other, started hanging out and fell in love all over again. Then just as every tragic story would have it these days, one of them just wasn’t there anymore. But, the sad thing is they never told each other how much they really loved each other, and sadly the “given a couple of weeks we would’ve been dating again, we would’ve fallen in love”, just doesn’t cut it. It’s not enough.
So, I wish that everyone this Christmas can build the courage to express their feelings, whether that is about someone, something or beliefs - I wish everyone to have the strength to stand up against all. You may feel vulnerable at that moment, and if things don’t work out you might feel really shit - but, you can always call a friend, vent frustration or simple write me an email.